Status Change

Generally, you may apply to change to a new nonimmigrant status or extend your current status if you lawfully traveled to the United States on a temporary visa and were lawfully admitted, your temporary visa status remains valid, and you have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible to change your status.

You must submit your application for an extension of stay about 45 – 60 days before your authorized stay expires.

If filing a late change/extension of stay, the following must be proven:

  • Your delay in filing was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control;
  • The length of the delay was reasonable;
  • You have not done anything else to violate your status such as working without authorization;
  • You intend to remain in the United States temporarily (there are some exceptions to this rule); and
  • You are not in removal proceedings

For more information about these services, please schedule a consultation at 978-905-9992.

*Translation Services Available
**Proudly serving the LGBT community