Special Status

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses and children of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents to self-petition for permanent resident status, without the abuser’s help or knowledge.

To self-petition for permanent residency under VAWA, an individual must:

  • Show that s/he lived with a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse;
  • Show that s/he was battered or subjected to extreme cruelty during the marriage;
  • Show that s/he entered the marriage in good faith;
  • Show s/he is otherwise qualified for admission; and
  • Show that s/he has good moral character.

For more information about these services, please schedule a consultation at 978-905- 9992.

*Translation Services Available
**Proudly serving the LGBT community